Thursday, October 2, 2008

#7 Finding Feeds

For the most part - and surprisingly - I pretty much just added feeds for pages that I check relatively frequently (at least once every month). Somehow, I thought I checked less pages... maybe an RSS feed reader won't be such a bad idea after all. I added a few library blogs (Miss Information, James LaRue), CBC news, Adbusters, WebJunction's Webinars, and, of course, lolcats. (Hehe.)

I searched and found blogs and feeds for a recipe blog with about one new recipe a day + pictures (and man... does it look good!), and a few specifically on Canadian politics (it is nearing election time, after all).

My favourite search tool for finding 'random interesting things' was Technorati - I found the directory quite nice for browsing. If I'm looking for something specific, though, I like Bloglines search and the Google search (I could do without Syndic8, though I might browse through their podcasts at a later date).

No comments: